If you decide to turn on pop up blocker in Firefox, just follow the simple steps. It is efficient enough and even allows the user to whitelist the websites (that means the advertisement on those particular websites you have whitelisted will not be blocked).
How to turn on pop blocker in Firefox: 7 easy steps
Well, to turn on pop up blocker in Firefox, make these simple steps.
1. Go to the Menu (it looks like three lines in the upper-right corner if the screen).
2. Click on the Options button.
3. Find Privacy and Security among them.
4. Pay attention to the Block pop up windows option. If there is no tick adverts are allowed.
5. Put a tick near the Block pop-up windows option. Now all the intrusive adverts on all the websites are blocked.
6. You can leave it as it is. But we would like to tell you more about the opportunities of this ad blocker. Well, click on the Exceptions button.
7. Add all the websites you do not need to block to the white list. Press Save Changes button. You will allow the advertisement on the websites you prefer to keep using without any changes.
As you can see, the built-in ad blocker is a good option for those who doesn’t want to download additional ad blocking apps or plugins. But if you need more options (for example, web protection or privacy protection), we recommend using StopAd, Bluhell Firewall, Ghostery, AdBlock Plus, AdMuncher etc.
How to turn on pop up blocker in Firefox: the fastest way to stop pop ups
If you need full ad, web and privacy protection, it is necessary to download additional software. But if you are tired of adverts, it is enough just to turn on pop up blocker in Firefox. It will take less than one minute. It is even possible to create whitelists!